Sunday, September 1, 2013

How are we observing the Holy Day??

Since today is Sunday I just wanted to ask you all, what is your Sunday all about? Are we keeping our Sabbath day, resting and giving God His worship and glorifying Him on this wonderful day of rest He gave us or are we taking advantage of it and using it for our purposes, catching up with house chores, shopping, games, etc?



I'm just curious how does everyone spend their sabbath days. How can we as mothers, wives, women create a quiet peaceful atmosphere in our homes one day a week for our kids and husbands, so we can all feel peace, rest to our weary bodies, minds and hearts. Are we setting that one day of the week for worship, rest and fellowship with Gods people?
I used to feel more stressful on Sundays, I felt like I was always in a rush to wake up, make breakfast, get all the kids ready for church then wake up my husband... Yea I know..... Cook after church, clean, and clean... I didn't have time to actually realize it was Sunday, Gods day! Shortly after, thankfully to the Women's classes, I got to realize I am doing way too much on this day, I'm cooking cleaning and it just felt like a typical day. I needed to change something, I finally decided that in order to avoid all the cooking and cleaning and chaos I need to start the night before, prepare my breakfast, whether its simple sandwiches or just crackers with cheese and ham, and prepare our after church lunch. Something that I can just reheat as soon as we come from church so by the time my kids change, the lunch is ready. (That will also help with all the complaining and whining that they are all hungry and need their food now!)
Also, get all the clothes ironed and ready, it is much less stressful in the mornings then. And last advice a I took for myself from some wise women is to pray the night before or early morning before everyone is awake for a blessed day and our Sunday service, so that God can set your mind on Him and so He can speak to you in church! It is so important to come to church ready to hear what God has prepared for us. Because God has something to say to everyone, always, its just alot of times we are not ready and we do not open our hearts to hear what He has to say!
 So to set the mood on Sunday, I decided to just keep the volume down at home on this day, we talk quieter, its more calmer that way :) Then I put all the babies to sleep (including my husband sometimes) and I just like to read a good christian book or study my bible. Honestly this helps me so much spiritually, I am ready to go into a new week as a fresh warrior!!

BTW - The word Sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning rest.



4 comments:

  1. very good!!! thanx for refreshing my memory on what we learned in the classes!!! I will keep this stuff in mind:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Those classes were very helpful. I still like to go back and review each lesson once in awhile to refresh my memory :)

      Delete
  2. Wow girl. How different we all are. There is nothing quiet about our Sundays. Saturday is the family day in this family. So therefore Sunday is the day spend with friends. In order for that to happen, someone needs to cook. So if I am entertaining ,I start my baking on Friday, then continue with cooking on Saturday night after family outings. Sunday morning as my husband spends some time with kids I finish up what needs to be done in the kitchen ,as my daughter sets the table for future company. I love it that our church does not start until two. After church all I have to do is warm some dishes up. And we are ready to go. Our friends get together usually end with nice prayer. And that is just my style. There is nothing quiet about it. But it sure satisfies my sole. How different we all are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Olivia, Indeed we all are very different! We still have friends come over on sundays once in awhile as well. And to be honest, I dont do too many gatherings on sundays with my big happy family lately, too much of a hassel for a sunday plus having people over, seem just overwelming (sometimes ;))!!

      Delete