Friday, September 6, 2013

Oriental Cravings

Oriental Veggie Stir Fry

I have been craving something oriental lately! First it was sushi, now I just wanted some roasted, or lightly fried veggies in some kind oriental sauce... So I dug up what I had in my fridge. This is the reason why I absolutely love cooking and not so much baking, because you can prepare whatever you think will taste good together and walla you got a meal! Unlike baking, you got to follow the recipe or else you will mess up all the way... I guess I just don't like following directions :( but really cooking is so simple! It makes me happy :)

 


Ingredients:
Veggies: (I used equal amount of everything) 1:1 ratio...
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Carrots, julienned
- onion, sliced
- red bell peppers, sliced into strips
- broccoli
- cauliflower
- green onion (just a few stalks) chopped largely
EVOO - for frying
5 tbls Soy Sauce
3 tbls Kung Pao Stir Fry Sauce

Directions:

Step 1: Saute (lightly) fry all veggies (except green onions) separately in olive oil, drain well and place into a large bowl.
Step 2: Add green onions, soy sauce, Kung Pao Sauce to the veggies and mix well.
 
Serve over fried rice, or plain white rice.


1 comment:

  1. Great it is almost midnight and now I want Chinese. Your stir fry looks yum .

    ReplyDelete